Missing in new editor -- Create an undefined page link

Michael R_ Wolf October 8, 2019

What is the new procedure for creating an undefined page link?

This process does not work in the "new" editor.  

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/undefined-page-links-139580.html

Create an undefined page link

1. Choose Insert > Link or press Ctrl+K on your keyboard.
  2. Choose Advanced.
  3. Enter the name of the page to be created in the Link field.

A link to an undefined page is shown in dark red while in the editor. When anyone clicks the link, Confluence will create a new page with the name you typed in the Link field.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2019

Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, creating an undefined link to a placeholder is not possible in the new editor at this time.

There's a handy table on our Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap where you can compare the differences between the new and old editor, and which features you can expect to see return.

According to this table, we do not have plans to include this feature, but there's still a feature request for it below where you can provide your input:

• CONFCLOUD-67129 Link to an undefined page (a page that doesn't exist yet)

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Steven Webster May 29, 2020

Missing this feature is honestly the tipping point for me considering shifting to Notion at this point.

Being able to just type [new page here] and then finish editing document and click on [new page here] was how we created hyperlinked documents, which is core use-case for Confluence.

Bemused this has been removed.

Like Michael Rau likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2020

Hello Steven,

Thank you for following-up on this. This feature hasn't been removed, as it's still available in the legacy editor, but it has yet to be included in the new version of the editor.

I'm glad to say that we're currently working on developing this feature for the new editor, and it's now in progress. You can watch below if you want to be updated on this in the future.

• CONFCLOUD-67129 Link to an undefined page (a page that doesn't exist yet)

If you don't have the legacy editor and want to use it, your Cloud site admin will need to contact the the Cloud Support team and have it enabled for the site.

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any questions about that!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events