I was in the middle of a new page being created and either I accidentally closed out of the browser or something else happened to stop me from hitting publish at the end of it. I have looked in the trash bin of the space and can't seem to find trace of it. Any ideas? I know that Confluence starts saving drafts of previously created pages as you edit them, but I can't seem to find anything for a page that was never "saved" from the start.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Aug 31, 2017

Hi,

if you once again create a new page in the same space, Confluence should ask you, if you want to open the draft.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the quick reply, but for some reason it didn't ask me when i tried your suggestion.

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Aug 31, 2017

Strange...

but have a look here:

http://<your-confluence-url>/users/viewmydrafts.action

I've just tested in my environment, created a page and did not save it. Did you add a page title to your page already?

I found my page in the drafts section of my profile.

I've also tried another page without a page title. This is also there as "page without name".

Hi Thomas,

Yes! I found it using that URL. Awesome trick!!!

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Sep 01, 2017

Great :-)

If you think your question is answered, please mark it as answered. With such a marker, other users may find answered questions more easy. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

165 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you