Mirroring Confluence 4.0 instance for high availability?

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2011

Is there any documentation on mirroring Confluence instances? I can't find anything about it.

It would probably be fine if the mirrors were read-only.

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2011

Confluence doesn't have any mirroring functionality built-in to the product. We do offer a "Clustered" licence for Confluence, but this is designed to improve scalability, and has no features for high-availability.

One option you could investigate is using the Confluence AutoExport plugin - which can be configured to regularly export Confluence content to static HTML files that can then be served up by another static HTTP server as a backup or high-throughput mirror.

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2011

AutoExport hasn't been updated since 3.4.9. Should I look elsewhere for a solution for 4.0?

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2011

Ooh, it hasn't? Hmm... we should have a 4.0 version available (or available soon). Let me check and get back to you :-)

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2011

There's a 4.0-compatible version of the Auto-Export plugin in the works. We want to include fixes for AUTOEXP-4 and AUTOEXP-12 first, before we release it.

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2011

Thanks, I'll check that out as soon as it's available.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events