Migration from Cloud to Server - Confluence

Matjaž Antloga - BalkanCloud IT August 18, 2017

After migration I've noticed following

none of users is part of system-administrators group, hence we can't do all configuration

this is urgent!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2017

That's because you don't get system admin access on Cloud.

Try logging in as sysadmin with a password of sysadmin

i've changed sysadmin password when migrating, 14 days ago or sth,  but it's not working....

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2017

"It's not working" does not tell me anything.

ok once again, we don't have sysadmin pwd, all other users are not in system-administrators group....

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2017

You said you changed it when migrating, so I assumed you knew what you had set it to.

I actually didn't because sysadmin wasn't properly exported in migration phase - one of confluence bugs, i just need to refresh my memory a bit

so I've did that when migrating

--------

the sysadmin user does not exist in the site export and the admin users that already exist in the instance cannot login.

Workaround

Administrators will need to manually create an administrator user via the database:

Shut down the Confluence Server instance after you've imported the Cloud backup
Create a new admin user by running:
insert into cwd_user(id, user_name, lower_user_name, active, created_date, updated_date, first_name, lower_first_name, last_name, lower_last_name, display_name, lower_display_name, email_address, lower_email_address, directory_id, credential) values (1212121, 'admin', 'admin', 'T', '2009-11-26 17:42:08', '2009-11-26 17:42:08', 'A. D.', 'a. d.', 'Ministrator', 'ministrator', 'A. D. Ministrator', 'a. d. ministrator', 'admin@example.com', 'admin@example.com', (select id from cwd_directory where directory_name='Confluence Internal Directory'), 'x61Ey612Kl2gpFL56FT9weDnpSo4AV8j8+qx2AuTHdRyY036xxzTTrw10Wq3+4qQyB+XURPWx1ONxp3Y3pB37A==');

insert into user_mapping values ('2c9681954172cf560000000000000001', 'admin', 'admin');

Add new groups by running:
insert into cwd_group(id, group_name, lower_group_name, active, local, created_date, updated_date, description, group_type, directory_id)
values ( '888888','confluence-administrators','confluence-administrators','T','F','2011-03-21 12:20:29','2011-03-21 12:20:29',NULL,'GROUP',(select id from cwd_directory where directory_name='Confluence Internal Directory'));
insert into cwd_group(id, group_name, lower_group_name, active, local, created_date, updated_date, description, group_type, directory_id)
values ( '999999','confluence-users','confluence-users','T','F','2011-03-21 12:20:29','2011-03-21 12:20:29',NULL,'GROUP',(select id from cwd_directory where directory_name='Confluence Internal Directory'));

Add group memberships into cwd_membership:
insert into cwd_membership (id, parent_id, child_user_id) values (888888, (select id from cwd_group where group_name='confluence-users' and directory_id=(select id from cwd_directory where directory_name='Confluence Internal Directory')), 1212121);
insert into cwd_membership (id, parent_id, child_user_id) values (999999, (select id from cwd_group where group_name='confluence-administrators' and directory_id=(select id from cwd_directory where directory_name='Confluence Internal Directory')), 1212121);

Set the password for the admin user to admin by running the following command:
update cwd_user set credential =
'x61Ey612Kl2gpFL56FT9weDnpSo4AV8j8+qx2AuTHdRyY036xxzTTrw10Wq3+4qQyB+XURPWx1ONxp3Y3pB37A=='
where id=1212121;

Start Confluence
Login with the following credentials:
Username: admin
Password: admin
Attachments

------

but i didn't noticed until today that admin  and all other users are NOT part of system-administrators group

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2017

Ah, ok.  You should be able to repeat the bit in "Add group memberships into cwd_membership" with different parameters to add a user into the system-admin group.

Matjaž Antloga - BalkanCloud IT August 19, 2017

fixed, i've added needed users into confluence-admins group, it seems enough

however main problem (other thread) still remains

This page is taking longer to load than usual. Give it a few moments, then try refreshing. Still having issues? Contact your Confluence admin

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Confluence-Initial-setup-Error/qaq-p/613475

Matjaž Antloga - BalkanCloud IT August 19, 2017

all solved, hint: sinhronicity conf.... 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events