Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Migration Assistant reports Can't communicate with server

Within an administrative session with our Confluence Server instance, I started the Migration Assistant. When the Assistant launches, it throws a window reporting,

"We can't communicate with your server

We're having trouble communicating with your server instance. Please try again. If this doesn't fix the issue, contact support for help."

I restarted my browser, logged in again (via Okta, I'll tell you in case that makes a difference), started the Migration Assistant again. Still no joy.

Server SEN: SEN-6246747

Cloud SEN: SEN-31662493 (trial)

Thank you,

Brian

2 answers

1 vote
Robert Wen Community Leader May 23, 2022

Have you added the following domains/CIDR ranges in your firewall's allowlist?  Here's the knowledgebase article that should help:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/connect-the-confluence-cloud-migration-assistant-to-atlassian-cloud-976753742.html

0 votes

Hi @Brian Moore

Welcome to the Atlassian Community. 

We understand that you are facing any issue with Connectivity when attempting to use the migration assistance. Could you please check Step #9 in the below Confluence pre-migration checklist document and make sure all Atlassian domains or endpoints you need to allow in your firewall are done. 

Let us know if the above information helps.

Regards,
Sri Kumar 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

216 views 1 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you