Migrating from confluence stand alone to OnDemand

Roger Jacques February 26, 2013

I'm attempting to migrate my Conf install to ondemand, and am being told that I can't import due to a version mismatch.

I've followed the migration steps pretty carefully:

1) Exported by Conf 3.5 data as XML (Debian)

2) Downloaded and installed Confluence 5.0-OD-28 (Win)

3) Ran the windows installer to setup the local OD instance

4) Used the import spaces function under the Confluence Admin section of my Conf OD account.

The version of Conf running on ondemand is not displayed anywhere in the app (?) so I've no idea of the build level.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2013

The version that's available for download in http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download-od (5.0-OD-28) is old, sorry about that! We should have this page updated soon.

Meanwhile, since Confluence 5.0 final was released to OnDemand, you should be able to use the release that's on the normal Confluence download page: http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download (i.e. 5.0).

Roger Jacques February 27, 2013

Thanks for your answer Michael.

Curious that the OD version is not displayed like other Confluence installs.

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2013

Normally the OD version has extra stuff in it that will be coming in the next major (self-hosted) release. In this case, a major release had just gone out to OnDemand and self-hosted at the same time, so there was nothing extra in OnDemand and therefore no need for an explicit 'OD' release.

Obviously we still want to make sure that whatever version is downloaded from that page will work for its intended purpose, so we'll be putting something up there later today.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events