Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from LDAP to Crowd, how do I perform a bulk update of space permissions in Confluence?

Greg Warner April 26, 2015

I'm currently moving a large instance of Confluence from delegated authentication to Crowd.

The delegated authentication is the corporate active directory, Now we have Confluence connected to Crowd and Crowd to the active directory.

We have reasonably common permissions for the confluence-users group across most spaces. There are some spaces that have had the confluence-users group removed for commercial or security reasons.

I'm looking for a method for each space to duplicate the confluence-users permission with that of an all-employees group that Crowd is using and is stored in active directory.

Happy to script something up.

thanks

• Greg

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2015

Hi Greg,

I included a browser script on a previous answer that would probably work for you:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/13828533

Make sure you're logged in as admin, and then just fill in the group name, uncomment the lines for the permissions you want to give, and copy/paste into your browser console smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events