Migrating confluence to a new domain

Adam James February 8, 2015

Hi,

I've just been given the task of migrating our existing Confluence 3.4 servers (1 web and 1 sql) to a new domain and use a new LDAP server.

I have little to no knowledge of confluence and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Are there any documents out there explaining this procedure?

Regards,

AJ

3 answers

0 votes
Adam James February 9, 2015

I've managed to get the site back up. Thanks for all your help!!

I do have one more question though, since I have changed the LDAP settings there are no accounts with the required permissions to login to the site GUI. Where within the confluence data folders can I modify/create an administrator account so that I am able to login to the GUI again and then recreate my groups & users?

Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2015

Hey again Adam! That's great to know :) To restore the local admin access you can check the following documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights There are steps to create a new user or reset the admin password for an existing local admin account on that article. Let me know if you have any questions! Eduardo

0 votes
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2015

Hey AJ,

Regarding the LDAP connection, we also have a documentation that covers this configuration: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+an+LDAP+Directory

However, as I'm not sure whether you're going to migrate the users from one directory to another, you may want to describe what you need a bit more so we can help you better. smile

Hope it helps!

Eduardo Mallmann

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
February 9, 2015

Hi Adam, 

Yes, please take a look at this doc and let us know if you have further questions. smile

Migrating Confluence Between Servers.

Also, we have an amazing team of Confluence Server Support. Feel free to raise a ticket with them if you need further assistance with the migration (support.atlassian.com > Confluence Server)! laugh

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events