Migrating confluence to a new domain

Hi,

I've just been given the task of migrating our existing Confluence 3.4 servers (1 web and 1 sql) to a new domain and use a new LDAP server.

I have little to no knowledge of confluence and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Are there any documents out there explaining this procedure?

Regards,

AJ

3 answers

Hi Adam, 

Yes, please take a look at this doc and let us know if you have further questions. smile

Migrating Confluence Between Servers.

Also, we have an amazing team of Confluence Server Support. Feel free to raise a ticket with them if you need further assistance with the migration (support.atlassian.com > Confluence Server)! laugh

Cheers!

0 vote

Hey AJ,

Regarding the LDAP connection, we also have a documentation that covers this configuration: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+an+LDAP+Directory

However, as I'm not sure whether you're going to migrate the users from one directory to another, you may want to describe what you need a bit more so we can help you better. smile

Hope it helps!

Eduardo Mallmann

I've managed to get the site back up. Thanks for all your help!!

I do have one more question though, since I have changed the LDAP settings there are no accounts with the required permissions to login to the site GUI. Where within the confluence data folders can I modify/create an administrator account so that I am able to login to the GUI again and then recreate my groups & users?

Hey again Adam! That's great to know :) To restore the local admin access you can check the following documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights There are steps to create a new user or reset the admin password for an existing local admin account on that article. Let me know if you have any questions! Eduardo

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

355 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you