Migrate jira from ldap to crowd

I'm looking for any tips that are not on atlassian crowd migration pages..

Basically We already have jira configured to ldap, and we also use some local users/groups. I'm looking for how we move to crowd. Specifically regarding jira-users and jira-administrators. We do not have them built in ldap only our permission groups. The last time i attempted to use crowd I, we had to login 2 to add a user because the automatic add user to jira-user with crowds user directory didn't work right.

This brings up a second quesiont. For those that use multiple atlassin products but the same ldap user directory. Have you found it easier to create the ldap user directory per product within crowd to get the auto add jira-users, confluence-users, etc to work correctly?

Do we need to manual dump the local jira users/groups and load them in the crowd local users/group.

jira->crowd>jira-crowd-app->crowd-jira-user-directory->corp-ldap

confluence->crowd->confluence-crowd-app>crowd-confl-user-directory->corp-ldap

Seems redundant just to get the auto first logon jira-users mechanism to work.

Any tips welcome?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Dana, in newer versions of Crowd you have the option to Manage Groups Locally (see here). This option allows you to create groups locally in Crowd and associate LDAP users to thsi group.

Which means that you can associate your LDAP users to an specific group at once, you don't need to wait untill the users log in. This may be an alternative option to the Default Group Memberships functionality.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

509 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you