Migrate from 2.8 to 3.5.17 fails with: Error opening ... 'global.logo'

We are upgrading from 2.8 (sic) to 4.3.2 which involves first migrating to 3.5.17

At that stage the migrate fails with:

ERROR … atlassian.confluence.upgrade.UpgradeLauncherServletContextListener contextInitialized 1: Error opening input stream from resource: UploadedResource filename: 'global.logo', file: '/opt/IBwiki/internal-dev-tomcat6/confluence/resources/logo.gif'

For the time being we have prevented the error by adding a confluence/resources/logo.gif file before the upgrade (there isn't one in the 2.8 environment).

But the end result of this is that the specified logo appears in various places in the 4.3.2 UI (eg: next to spaces in the Dashboard).

We want to revert to an as out-of-the-box UI as possible. How do I fix this please?

I notice from select * from BANDANA where BANDANAVALUE like '%logo.gif%'

that there are four BANDANACONTEXT's (including _GLOBAL) with BANDANAVALUE of:

<list> <com.atlassian.confluence.util.resource> <key>logo</key> <relativepathtofile>cblogo.GIF</relativepathtofile> <contenttypeprefix>image</contenttypeprefix> </com.atlassian.confluence.util.resource> </list>

Can I just remove those before the upgrade to fix the problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Peter Koczan Atlassian Team Nov 22, 2012

Hi,

Have you tried removing the logo or just turning off completely? Please refer to the following documentation for more info: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Editing+the+Global+Logo

Cheers,

Peter

It was turned off. But there was clearly detritus referring to it in the d/b, so, as per your email suggestion, I turned it off by:

1. Turning it on (sic)
  2. Clicking "Reset logo to default"

Then on the next migration test run the problem no longer occurred.

Many thanks

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,831 views 27 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you