Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Confluence to new server

wdonovan April 15, 2021

We're retiring our Windows 2012 server and need to move Confluence to our new 2019 server.  I've installed the same version on our new 2019 server but when I start it, the original server starts giving errors about the database being updated by a different instance of Confluence.  We don't need to move the database but is it required if we intend to have 2 instances running during the testing before cutover?

1 answer

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Hi @wdonovan 

You can not connect 2 instances of Confluence with a single Database.

If you wish to perform a validation, you will need to create a copy of the database and link it with your test instance.

wdonovan April 15, 2021

OK...I made a copy of the SQL database and connected my new install of Confluence to it using the confluence.cfg.xml file.  I cannot login to the new site however.  When entering my credentials, nothing happens.  We are using MS Active Directory as our user directory.  Wouldn't this info have been migrated to the new site when the copy of the SQL database was done?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events