Max Number of Multiexcerpts Per Page or Space

Melissa Henderson March 11, 2014

Is there a maximum amount that the multiexcerpt and/or multiexcerpt include macros can be used within a page or a space?

Right now I am experiencing an issue where I can add the multiexcerpt macro to a page, name it, and preview the content fine. When I add the corresponding multiexcerpt include macro to a different page, I get this:

Excerpt not found
The page: Proper Page Name was found, however, the excerpt named: myexcerptname was not found. Please check/update the excerpt name.

I am using the multiexcerpt macro quite heavily on a single page (its an error code repository), and am wondering if I simply have too many instances of the macro. The pages that use the multiexcerpt includes have, on average, five instances of the include macro. Another consideration is that we had the trial version installed, and a purchase request approved; however, I don't know if IT has installed the paid version (I can't get an answer). Would that have anything to do with it?

I am using Confluence 4.3 with the Documentation theme.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brendan Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

Hi Melissa,

Apologies I'm only just this moment seeing this question.

First there is definitely no maximum number of multexcerpt per page. I recently added a "caching" feature for the (BTF version - there is now also a MultiExerpt for OnDemand ) to support someone with ~600 "multiexcerpt-includes". They were seeing 2 minute page loads which went down to ~2 seconds.

The trial version is fully functional.

My best guess is that there could be a typo? Double check the pagename and excerpt name in both places? Also try recreating both (not that I've seen this help but worth a try).

If none of this helps then please open a ticket by sending a note to:

help (at) artemissoftware.freshdesk.com

thanks!

Brendan

Melissa Henderson April 28, 2014

Thank you for the response. I've reworked the page to get around the issue I was having, but if I encounter the issue again, I will follow your recommendations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events