Mark certain users as not viewable in people

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013

We currently us Active Directory as our main user directory. Most of the users that are pulled over via the AD sync we want to be viewable in the "People" section. However, there a handfull that we do not want viewable in "People". These are basically service accounts. Is there a way to specify that certain users will not show up in "People"?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2014

So, I wrote a Speakeasy extension to highjack the people directory page. It hides the default search box and will put in search syxtax to remove people I don't want to be seen. I then created my own search form that when the submit button is click it gathers the data in the fields creates the correct search sytax(making sure to still exclude people I don't want to show). It works pretty decently.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events