Map different domains to individual spaces?

Scott Rossell July 31, 2012

My apologies if this is covered somewhere already (surely it must be). I searched and experimented and failed miserably. I have three completely different domains that are pointed to the Confluence server IP. I would like to map different domain names to specific spaces. Is this possible? Thank you so much. :@)

2 answers

0 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2012

Unfortunatelly, as Confluence only supports only one Server Base URL, what you want to do is very difficult. Even if you rewrite the URL, all links will be directing to the domain specified in Server Base URL.

You could configure a proxy which rewrites all links in the page HTML code, but I am not sure how easy is that.

There is already a improvement request (CONF-19818) for something similar, that could make that functionality easier.

0 votes
Micha Kops
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2012

Perhaps a combination of a webserver rewriting URL's with mod_rewrite or something similar - and granular space permissions set in your Confluence could be a solution here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events