Manually create user account via mqsql in confluence?

I cannot log into confluence and the installation is not linked my working Jira.

Is it possible to create a confluence account via my mysql datbase? If so, how? I need to login in order to see all of posts which I see are all in the database connected to mysql.

Also what do I change so that JIRA is linked at the left menu as a second choice? I currently see two confluence links. Both have the same url. 

1 answer

0 vote

It's an option, but it would be better and easier to get your existing accounts admin rights.  It's very important that Confluence is stopped while you do this.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-158390.html

There are no users or administrators in the confluence database. I am certain of this.

Mmm, then there's very little chance that anything is going to work - how did you manage to destroy the user lists?

It may be possible to undo that, but if not, then the doc I gave does have a last-resort of adding a new admin user.

There are no users in the original database too. Is it possible it was using the JIRA database for the users? Also, I started off without a database to begin with.

The steps to add an admin user do not work.

I see all of the body content in the database though.

It could have been using JIRA, but that still comes back to the question of how you managed to break it - what did you change that made it stop working?

The Confluence "getting an admin account" work fine for me (I've used it 8 or 9 times on one of my current projects, so I know it works)

Well, it was originally on a different domain and different port so I replaced everything with the old url to the new one.

I also did not back up via the software before I rebuilt the original server. I am using the database from mysql. It was originally in Linux and now I'm using Windows.

Is there a way via the database to connect confluence back to Jira?

Also, is there anyone that could manually help me with this? I'm sure it's not complicated for people who know the software and mysql well.

The problem here is that you've inadvertently destroyed information that's needed to tell you what to do to recover it.

Yes, you can manually create a new admin user, but you've said it doesn't work (although not why it doesn't work, when it works for others).  My fear about trying to connect to another system for authentication is that you don't know that was working before, so you could be running off down completely the wrong path (and it's harder than creating a new admin user)

You could try https://support.atlassian.com too - they're there to help with the ones the community can't help you with directly.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Goff-Dupont
Published 3 hours ago in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

38 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you