Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing pre-installed Add-Ons for Confluence Cloud

Jeff Kozloff August 24, 2016

Hello,

I just subscribed to the JIRA Software + Confluence Cloud offering (up to 5 users). I was looking at the configuration of Confluence and noticed 4 add-ons appear to be pre-installed when the Cloud environment is created, but no method to remove them.  Here is what I saw:

PaidAddOnConfluence.jpg

I figured maybe I have to start the "Free Trial" (only option I really saw that made sense) which will then give me the option to remove the add-on. So I went to Gliffy and clicked "Free Trial" button. A lightbox appeared, telling me it is subscribing me to the add-on, then screen updated, saying I am now unsubscribed to the add-on and I need to resubscribe to use it.

SubscribeGliffy.jpg

To summarize, I have 2, well actually 3 questions:

1. Is there a way to remove the pre-installed plug-ins?
  2. Why when I click "Free Trial" does the system now report that the add-on is unsubscribed when it has not been 30 days (less than 2 hours since I registered my cloud instance)?
  3. Why is the add-on Bob Switch Atlassian Add-ons - Advanced Tables title in a lighter font color?
    BobSwitftAddOn.jpg

Thanks! And thanks again for offering the option of free cloud account! smile I have shared this on all my social networks hihi.

Jeff

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2016

Hi Jeff, 

The add-ons you've shown in the screenshot are bundled with your Confluence Cloud instance - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Add-ons+and+plugins - they can be enabled or disabled, but not removed.

The 'Bob Swift - Advanced Tables' add-on isn't currently enabled - the greyed text is used to indicate the disabled state.

Cheers,

Paul

0 votes
Jeff Kozloff August 25, 2016

Hello All,

Just a quick update for question 2 above. It appears to be a delay in the communication between cloud and license program as about 5 minutes or so later, it updated saying I am now subscribed. When I click Unsubscribe after this update, it properly unsubscribed the add-on but still not option to delete.

Thanks!

Jeff

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events