Managing different number of JIRA and Confluence licenses

We have 25 JIRA licenses, but only 10 Confluence licenses.  I configured Confluence to use JIRA as the account manager thinking we could specify which JIRA accounts were also Confluence accounts, but it looks like it's just making all the JIRA accounts Confluence accounts so we're exceeding our Confluence license.

Is there any way to make differing numbers of JIRA and Confluence licenses work?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Both systems use the same basic idea to count licences in use.  In their "global permissions", you name one or many groups as "users" (also, admins can always log in, and count towards it, but I usually make sure the admins are users already).  

The active members of each group count towards the licence count.

By default, JIRA looks at a group called "JIRA users" and Confluence looks at "Confluence users".  So you can have 10 active in one group and 25 in the other, and stay within your licences.

That's what I thought, but we only have 8 users configured as confluence-users and we're getting the following:

image2016-5-17 10:37:45.png

Could you check what group(s) are configured for access in Global Permissions?

Sorry, couldn't comment because I didn't have enough points...

I went to Global Permissions and jira-users and jira-administrators were configured with access to Confluence.  I removed those. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

101 views 12 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you