You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
This morning I dedicated time to have a deep look at the Confluence Cloud editor and how it relates to images. What I found are omissions that really make the Cloud release difficult to use in creating professional documentation that is read by thousands of users. This is a list of the issues I found that need to be resolved to make this application usable in a commercial environment.
1. Need the ability to resize images by pixel size for consistency. Re-sizing should work in the same manner as that of Server if not better. The need to control images is critical for professional presentation. The current end result are images, that are physically the same size, appearing in multiple sizes on the page.
2. Image resolution must he higher. Currently it looks like a low resolution thumbnail. In today's market there is no reason for not having images that are high resolution when re-sized by default.
3. Need to add optional Effects. For example a basic Drop Shadow to help lift image off page. I want to draw attention to the image as users read. I recommend bringing the robust image editing tool from Server and coding it into Cloud as soon as humanly possible.
4. Cannot resize an image in indented text. No pixel control over image sizing. And when you grab the boarder and resize? Sizing comes up different from those images that are not in indented text.
5. When attempting to attach or re-attach an image, I have to upload it from my computer. I have not found a way to access the existing page attachments to make a selection. If there is? I would like to know.
Please understand that this is not an attempt at being picky. The above functionality is key to my staff and I doing our job of creating professional looking documentation in a Cloud space that end-users want read.
Know that as I searched the community, I did find that some of the above has been brought up previously on multiple dates with no real resolution.
So my question is, what is it going to take to get the above functionality into Confluence Cloud? Functionality that should have been addressed and resolved some time ago. Do I need to write up a new support ticket for each one of these to get the attention of the developers? In some cases, I truly believe that real world practical use was omitted from the design process and needs to be re-visited.
@Jack Many of the items you listed above are listed on the Confluence Cloud enhancement requests list and I would suggest voting for them. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-67122?jql=project%20%3D%20CONFCLOUD%20AND%20type%20%3D%20Suggestion%20AND%20statusCategory%20!%3D%20Done%20and%20summary%20~%20%22image%22
If it is not listed you can submit an enhancement request to Atlassian so they can take it into consideration.