Managing Confluence Users

Hi. I am currently using ondemand confluence. I used to have both Jira and Confluence but now I am using only Confluence on demand.

I am trying to invite users to my confluence site but having an issue. Somehow when I click on the User Management link it redirects me to the User Management under JIRA and I invited 4 people. (Currently I only have 3 users there and I am supposed to be able to have 10 users since mine is basic service). However all the invited users are getting the following errors.

"We can't sign you up at the moment, as the user limit has been reached. For further assistance, please contact your JIRA administrators."

Any idea?

- Henry

2 answers

0 vote
David Maye Atlassian Team Dec 03, 2013

This is intentional. JIRA manages users for Confluence and JIRA, so whenever you need to make a change to any users in Confluence, it redirects to JIRA for user management. Regarding the error message - it sounds like you have reached your user limit for either JIRA or Confluence (depending on your default application access). I would go to your Application Access page (hit 'G' twice, then type in Application Access) and check to see if you have any extra users that you can uncheck to free up a slot. If you need more users slots, you can go to my.atlassian.com and increase the count limit for the instance.

David,

The following is what I wrote before. Any update on this?

=====

David,

Thanks for your answer. I went to the Application Access page and it says I have 8 remaining for both JIRA and confluence. Let me know what's going on here.

thanks

Henry

======

You're probably best off contacting Atlassian Support (quoting the URL to this Answers question) so that we can try and figure out what's going wrong.

David,

Thanks for your answer. I went to the Application Access page and it says I have 8 remaining for both JIRA and confluence. Let me know what's going on here.

thanks

Henry

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

80 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you