Managing Confluence Users

dailychoices December 3, 2013

Hi. I am currently using ondemand confluence. I used to have both Jira and Confluence but now I am using only Confluence on demand.

I am trying to invite users to my confluence site but having an issue. Somehow when I click on the User Management link it redirects me to the User Management under JIRA and I invited 4 people. (Currently I only have 3 users there and I am supposed to be able to have 10 users since mine is basic service). However all the invited users are getting the following errors.

"We can't sign you up at the moment, as the user limit has been reached. For further assistance, please contact your JIRA administrators."

Any idea?

- Henry

2 answers

0 votes
dailychoices December 3, 2013

David,

Thanks for your answer. I went to the Application Access page and it says I have 8 remaining for both JIRA and confluence. Let me know what's going on here.

thanks

Henry

0 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2013

This is intentional. JIRA manages users for Confluence and JIRA, so whenever you need to make a change to any users in Confluence, it redirects to JIRA for user management. Regarding the error message - it sounds like you have reached your user limit for either JIRA or Confluence (depending on your default application access). I would go to your Application Access page (hit 'G' twice, then type in Application Access) and check to see if you have any extra users that you can uncheck to free up a slot. If you need more users slots, you can go to my.atlassian.com and increase the count limit for the instance.

dailychoices December 9, 2013

David,

The following is what I wrote before. Any update on this?

=====

David,

Thanks for your answer. I went to the Application Access page and it says I have 8 remaining for both JIRA and confluence. Let me know what's going on here.

thanks

Henry

======

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2013

You're probably best off contacting Atlassian Support (quoting the URL to this Answers question) so that we can try and figure out what's going wrong.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events