cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make youtube video play in a popout window

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2014

Hello,

I want to put YouTube videos in my confluence 5.5 install. I use the widget connector and it works and plays embedded, however, the left side nav bar takes up valuable space. I'd rather a user click the video and it opens in a popout window like viewing images in a lightbox type system. This will allow the video to be larger and center screen.

How can I do this?

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2014

Hi Neal,

Thank you for your question.

There are several ways (freeware or commercial) to accomplish that and this is something you have to choose from. Please find below a few suggestion to lightbox plugins that you could use:

1. Please, download the lightbox, upload it to the server and place the files under:

cd /<confluence-install>/confluence
mkdir chosenlightbox
cd chosenlightbox
mv ~/chosenlightbox.zip .
unzip chosenlightbox.zip

2. Open up <confluence-install>/conf/server.xml and edit the following:

&lt;Context path="" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true" allowLinking="true"&gt;

Please notice that the above requires support for Linking in Tomcat. The server.xml file has to be changed adding the allowLinked parameter.

3. Now, these can be referenced as <confluence-install>/confluence id the server root, so in Custom HTML (header part) add:

&lt;!-- ChosenLightbox --&gt;
&lt;link rel="stylesheet" href="/chosenlightbox/css/chosenlightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" charset="utf-8" /&gt;
&lt;script src="/chosenlightbox/js/jquery.chosenlightbox.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;

Please notice the above can very depending on your chosen plugin.

4. Some lightbox require to be initiated:

&lt;script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"&gt;
  // jQuery reference $ in Confluence is AJS.$
  AJS.$(document).ready(function(){
    AjS.$("a[rel^='chosenlightbox']").chosenlightbox();
  });
&lt;/script&gt;

Please notice the above can very depending on your chosen plugin.

I hope the above help to your question.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014

I am not able to get this to work. I'm using fancybox and Confluence 5.5.4 on Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64). I configured the server.xml, recycled the service, added the fancybox folder and all files are in the correct place. Once I put the code below into the custom HTML end of head box team calendars stops working, I can't get into other spaces, such as one with scroll versions, etc. Does this work in Windows? Tomcat 7?

Reference: http://fancyapps.com/fancybox/

<!-- Add mousewheel plugin (this is optional) -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="/fancybox/lib/jquery.mousewheel-3.0.6.pack.js"></script>

<!-- Add fancyBox -->

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/fancybox/source/jquery.fancybox.css?v=2.1.5" type="text/css" media="screen" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="/fancybox/source/jquery.fancybox.pack.js?v=2.1.5"></script>

<!-- Optionally add helpers - button, thumbnail and/or media -->

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/fancybox/source/helpers/jquery.fancybox-buttons.css?v=1.0.5" type="text/css" media="screen" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="/fancybox/source/helpers/jquery.fancybox-buttons.js?v=1.0.5"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/fancybox/source/helpers/jquery.fancybox-media.js?v=1.0.6"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/fancybox/source/helpers/jquery.fancybox-thumbs.css?v=1.0.7" type="text/css" media="screen" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="/fancybox/source/helpers/jquery.fancybox-thumbs.js?v=1.0.7"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

AJS.$(document).ready(function() {

AJS.$(".fancybox").fancybox();

});

</script>

Like Jack_Balansag likes this
0 votes
Jeremiah Brayden July 18, 2019

hi, you must try to use LightMV video maker, where you can produce a perfect video in just a second. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events