Make Excerpt Include macro always use the latest/current version

Bing Wu April 13, 2021

Tell me if I am wrong, but I believe when using "Excerpt Include" macro in a Confluence page, it only imports the version during the initial insertion of the Macro?

If so, is there some way I can set the Macro to always points to the latest/current version of the source page?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2021

Hello @Bing Wu!

Glad to say that the behavior you need is exactly what we have. When we use the Excerpt Include macro, it will always display the current version of what in inside the selected Excerpt macro. You can read more about the expected behavior of those macros here:

For a better representation, here is what we see when using the pair of macros:

Original Source Page:

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 16.07.14.png

Page with the Excerpt include Macro

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 16.07.23.png

Source page with update content inside the Excerpt macro

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 16.07.56.png

Page with the Excerpt include Macro

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 16.08.07.png

I hope this clarifies how both the Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros work!

Let us hear from you.

Bing Wu April 15, 2021

Diego -- I am afraid that is not what I learned. 

For example, I used both macros you mentioned in a page, say page X, then I used the REST API to download page X. The result shows the macros points to an exact version, not "current".

I can collaborate/verify that in UI as well. Say, after I created page X, then I modified the included page to show something else. Then I refreshed page X. Page X didn't show the changes. 

In other words, I thought I followed the same flow as you did in your reply. But I am not getting the same result?

Could this be a server version issue, e.g. you and I use different versions or something? Or does it have anything to do which `editor` version I am using?

Let me know if you need to see an exact example/screenshot

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events