cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail notification after viewing confluence page

T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2013

Hi,

some pages in our Confluence send mail notification to all watchers even if someone only viewed the page without updating it. Is this bug already known?
As I'm not the Confluence admin I can only tell you that we use Confluence 5.1.4.

2 answers

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2013

Hi Tomasz,

Is this reproducible using exact steps? For example, can you reproduce the same behavior whenever you visit the page?

Confluence should not send emails when you just view the page, however if you have some macro or third party plugin which updates the page when you view or modify another page, this might happen. You may want to check that.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2013

Hello Tomasz, it is worth checking if the given user is not watching the whole Space, since that can lead to notifications for every page contained within that Space. You can read more about that behavior at this doco.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events