cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail form macro breaks comments?

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2014

We've just run across a problem I haven't seen before. When you have a page with a mail form, you can't save comments – the Save button (for a new comment) appears to be enabled, but nothing happens when you click it or Cancel.  (Preview does work.) 

I don't see any JavaScript errors.

When I look at the page source, it looks to me like the </form> tag for the mail form is missing or misplaced.

It seems like this was introduced recently – we've got a comment from June 23 on a page with a mail form.

We're on Confluence 5.5 and Mail Form NG 4.0.3.  (I think we were still on 5.1 June 23, so it looks like the upgrade might be causing this.)

Anyone else see this?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Supraja Thota [Adaptavist] February 19, 2015

Hi Jonathan,

Hope this finds you well. 
In the  Form Mail plugin version 4.0.3 , this bug was reported and logged in our system.

• FORMMAILNG-172 - Comments are not being saved on pages where Mail form macro is added

We have since then fixed this issue with the next release version 4.0.5 of the plugin. 
Please find below the version history as well as the release notes for the newly released versions.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.adaptavist.confluence.formMailNG/versions

We would kindly ask you to upgrade to the latest version of our plugin v.4.1 which provides compatibility for Confluence version 5.4 - 5.7 as it now includes latest bug fixes and additional new features that have been included with this release.
Please find the documentation below to  acquaint yourself with all the new features and changes we have made with our FormMail plugin.
http://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/FMCP/Form+Mail+for+Confluence+Plugin 

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us via our Contact Us Form or write us an email at  plugin-support@adaptavist.com. Please be sure to set enquiry type to “Support services & Plugins”. Please provide the following information:

• the version of Confluence  you are using,
  • the add-on name and version you are using,
  • all information regarding the issue you are facing including log files, steps to reproduce, screenshots, storage format etc.
  • the web browser used and its version number. "

-- 

Best Regards,
Supraja Thota  | QA Analyst | Adaptavist.com Ltd.
1st Floor, 35 - 39 Old Street, London, EC1V 9HX
Registered in England and Wales #5456785 | VAT Reg. GB 872 1217 39

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2015

Yes. The new version fixes the problem. Thanks!

1 vote
Hessom Arta [Adaptavist] February 19, 2015

Hi Jonathan,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We've now fixed this bug in the latest release - Form Mail 4.1. We've also added a series of new and improved features, making Form Mail more robust whilst giving you more options when creating and sending mail forms. Check out the latest release on the marketplace for more details.

Kind Regards,

Hessom

Adaptavist Product Team

1 vote
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2014

Hi Jonathan,

I would contact Adaptavist which is the plugin vendor. They do have their own support line:
http://www.adaptavist.com/w/about/contact-us/

Cheers!
WZ

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2014

This has been confirmed by Adaptavist as a bug

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events