Macros & Scroll Plugins Features Not Working in HTML Exports

Saleha Javaid February 8, 2016

Hi. I am working on technical documentation for a company and require to use many macros and plugins like:

- scroll HTML Export

- JSON Table

- Code block macro etc

However, none of their features (whichever i set by custom settings) is there on my HTML documentation when i export it.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

A lot of the macros are designed to be used in-line and don't export what you see on screen when reading the page.

What "features" are you setting on the JSON table or code-block? 

• In code block i am using the standard EXPANDABLE feature.
  • The JSON table entirely doesn't work in HTML and it becomes static table after exporting
  • Another example is of "Navitabs" plug-in. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

Hmm.  That does make sense - those are all functions that are designed for dynamic use inside a Confluence page.  They're not coming out in html because the html cannot know what code and libraries your target system is going to have available to it.

Right. Even when the plugin is specifically for HTML EXPORT DOCS? What usage do they bring then when their features are not deployed in the end document?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2016

Sorry, I don't understand - the stuff you are looking at requires all the frameworks Confluence provides.  An export to html can not possibly know what you are running the html in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events