Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro issues - Confluence Upgrade

Neil Taylor February 10, 2015

Hello,

I am having some issues with macros while upgrading confluence.  I am going from version 3.5.6 up to version 5.6.6 (following the step up instructions for upgrade - did not just start with the 5.6.6 installer)

Post upgrade I am getting "Unknown macro: 'listlabels'" along with the same message for gallery and excerpt.  There may be more I haven't found yet.  Any ideas as to what the issue is?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2015

Hi,

Sometimes after an upgrade, macros have to be re-installed or enabled. Have you tried that? Take a look at the Manage add-ons page to see if they're listed. We perform upgrades on the dev server first before updating production. After the dev upgrade, I compare the list of macros on dev to production. There's usually a couple of macros missing. Re-installing them solves the problem. This gives me an idea of what to expect when upgrading production.

HTH

Neil Taylor February 10, 2015

Perfect - I had updated all the user installed plugins, but did not look at the system installed plugins. My "Advanced Macros" system plugin was not enabled. Problem solved. Thanks for the quick answer! P.S. - This was in a dev environment too - just to clarify so it didn't sound like I had performed this on production without testing :)

R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2015

So glad to be of help. :)

1 vote
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2015

Things changed a lot between the 3 series and the 5.  As R Donato said, you will need to update your plugins. Some macros may not have made the transition, though, so you may be out of luck with them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events