Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro To List Table Cell Contents

Alex Fleig December 18, 2014

We use confluence to document IT systems for our clients.  We create pages which contain IP addresses for various pieces of equipment.  I was wondering if there is way to tag the IP address on those pages and then insert a macro in a parent page that would list all the IP's.  

For example, i have a page for a router with an IP address on it.   Then I have a page with a server that has an IP on it.  On another page can I insert a macro that will make a list of those IP's.

3 answers

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2014

Have you looked at the page properties and page properties reports macros. I think that will do what you want. On your child pages you would put in a table with two columns the left column is the key and the right is the value. Surround that with a page properties macro. See below screenshot.

image2014-12-19 9:23:30.png

Next add a label to the child page. Something like server-page.

image2014-12-19 9:24:34.png

On your parent page add a page properties report macro and restrict to to using the server-page label.

image2014-12-19 9:26:2.png

When you view the parent page you should see something like this. You can add more key/value pairs to the child page table as well to see more columns in the report.

image2014-12-19 9:27:51.png

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2014
0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2014

The usual "page include" does not work for you?

You can try something like https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/biz.artemissoftware.confluence.multiexcerpt.MultiExcerptMacro (you tag what you want to make as "excerpt" and then reference it from another page(s))

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events