Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro Menu use different language than global language

Cedric_DEVAUX July 11, 2016

Hello,

My company is international so we use 3 languages: English, French & German. So 3 languages are installed ans the default language is English

Since few weeks, I have a strange phenomenon, the macro menu is in German whereas the rest of Confluence is in English.

The first time that I was confronted with this issue, I reinstall language packages (English & French) and set as default English, it worked since yesterday ...

Macro menu reappears in German whereas the rest is in English.

Today, I check default language, It is in English again.

I disable German language and check macro menu, it stays always in German.

I don't know why this menu appears in German and I don't know how to resolve it.

For your info:

• Confluence 5.9.4
  • Hosting Platform Linux
  • Database: Postgre
  • Web Browser: IE11, Chrome, Firefox same phenomenon

Someone could help?

Thanks a lot,

Cedric

6 answers

2 votes
Steven Almonte November 22, 2016

Similar Issue:

We are running Confluence version 5.10.8. We noticed that when selecting macros it defaulted to Russian, however the Global Default Language selected is English (US).

Resolution:

• Selected English (US) for the Global Default Language
  • Restart Confluence

Platform

• Confluence 5.10.8
  • CentOS 6
  • MySQL 5.6.29

Possible Theories:

• One of our Confluence Administrators changed the default Language to Russia and then changed it back to English, but the macros didn't revert back to  English.
  • A 3rd party add-on potentially modified the macros to display in the non-default Global Language format.

1 vote
DAlan November 1, 2016

I am also experiencing the same issue, with the exception that the macro menu is in russian.

1 vote
Eliane Pohl July 29, 2016

We're experiencing the same issue. Global language is English. Browser is in English. User settings use English, but the Macro menu is in German.

1 vote
Cedric_DEVAUX July 19, 2016

Hello,

Someone could help me?

Thanks

0 votes
Brook Hatch September 25, 2018

Something very similar just happened to my confluence 5.10.8 instance. All tempo gadgets from our various connected jira instances had French titles. Our global language is set to English (UK). I could not reproduce the issue in a nonprod copy of our instance. I repaired the situation by disabling the gadget plugin under system plugins and then re-enabling it. I did not need to restart confluence.

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2018

Hi!

Have anyone come up with the answer?

Facing the same issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events