Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro: Labels List showing to much labels

Thomas Eklund January 12, 2021

We're using and have limit our Labels list macro to show only the labels within a specific space. The result is now showing labels that don't exist in the space.

Why do these lables still appear in the list of labels?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Thomas Eklund 

I have tested this and my suspicions have come true.

Labels are also displayed from pages that have been deleted. Is this perhaps the problem?

Regards, Dominic

Thomas Eklund January 12, 2021

Hi Dominic!

I guess you may be right.

Some people have created or copied pages into my space and on these pages there were many different labels I didn't know about. These pages are now deleted but it seems to that the labels still in the space.

Do you know how to delete the labels?

/Thomas

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi Thomas

The documentary says this:

You can't remove, consolidate or manage labels directly. A label is created by adding it to a page for the first time, and ceases to exist once its been removed from all pages it was added to.

If you have deleted pages that contain a label, you may need to purge the deleted pages from the space's trash to ensure that the label disappears too.

Hope this helps

Regards, Dominic

Kelly Phillips May 29, 2022

H.

I have the same issue.  I have deleted the pages and purged the delete pages so they no longer exist. However, the labels remain.

Any other suggestions?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events