Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost work

Jess Beames January 6, 2022

Hey, I've just lost a couple of hours of really good work. 
I've checked out page history and the version does not exist. Previous work also does not exist in 'view changes'.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Hi @Jess Beames , I am unsure what could have cause the lost work but maybe you are aware of the actions that resulted in this most unfortunate issue. While that doesn’t help with recovery it may with future avoidance. Unfortunately if there is not an open browser tab with your text nor a version in the page history then it may truly be lost. However, please check your Drafts section - click on Recent in menu bar then drafts.

Jess Beames January 6, 2022

Thanks Jack, it's quite unusual and hadn't experienced issues like this on Confluence. I also checked drafts - but it seems only unpublished documents are listed here.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

it seems it is not recoverable then. strange. there are browser extensions that save browser input you might wish to consider for future.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events