Lost macro changes?

Noah Dater September 7, 2016

A colleague was working in Conflunece for a considerable time, editing a macro. They successfully edited the macro, and clicked insert, closing the edit macro dialog box. Unfortunately when they had edited the macro in the page, they selected the whole macro. They typed a letter "R", (not that it matters), replacing the macro with the letter, and then hit save. 

Are all the changes made to the macro lost, because the page wasn't saved?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2016

Unfortunately yes. If they had not pressed save, CTRL+Z or CMD+Z would have worked within the editor.

If they haven't closed the browser, they may be able to press the < Back button in their browser, and then press CTRL+Z or CMD+Z – The browser should save the form state (I would think, this is definitely browser dependent and not a 'feature' of confluence).

Noah Dater September 8, 2016

Thanks - I was worried this was a case. I'm surprised that the macros are so fragile with saving changes.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2016

Honestly I'm surprised I've never heard a customer complain about this – I know I have lost work due to similar mishaps. I don't think a specific feature request exists today to 'fix' this behavior.

I think this is less of a problem with the new Collaborative Editing mode – Everyone is committing to a shared-draft. It asks you to confirm the 'publish' action (instead of 'save') giving you another out in case you realize there's a problem. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events