Lost draft when truncate events table?

Oficina Calidad y Mejora Continua August 21, 2018

Hello, we wanted to know If we lost draft pages if we truncate this tables.

TRUNCATE TABLE "EVENTS";
TRUNCATE TABLE "SECRETS";
TRUNCATE TABLE "SNAPSHOTS";

Our table events is very large and I would like reduce.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-synchrony-tables-858770831.html

1 answer

0 votes
Igor M_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2018

Hello,

Yes, truncating these tables will purge all drafts from the instance, make sure you test on a test environment first and disable Collaborative Editing before proceeding.

Regards,

Igor

Oficina Calidad y Mejora Continua August 29, 2018

Hi, I truncate this tables but not purge all drafts. I try on development environment.

I´m not sure to do in production environment.. :(

Michael Ammann September 6, 2018

As I tested in a local environment, when turning collaborative editing off, Confluence switches to the old behavior of personal drafts. But the shared drafts still remain in the database. When you truncate the tables and switch on collaborative editing, Synchrony will recover from the existing shared drafts. So if no editing is done during collaborative editing is off, no shared drafts should be lost. Can anyone confirm this?

Deleted user December 23, 2019

@Igor M_ Could you please confirm what happens to "Any data" in a Confluence Production instance, if we ('disable collaborative editing -> Truncate synchrony tables -> Enable Collaborative Editing) ??

Igor M_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2019

Hello,

The impact is described in the above referenced KB:

Please note that turning Collaborative editing OFF and ON again may remove any unsaved drafts. You may refer to this page -How Do Drafts Work on Confluencefor detailed information regarding drafts. Please follow the steps below to identify and publish unpublished drafts.

That is the only impact on the data you should observe. Saying that, taking necessary backups before the action is always advised.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events