Lost access to Confluence after JIRA project import

Guillaume Lemieux March 8, 2017

If anybody has some idea or tips...

Here is what happen:

1. Confluence already installed
  2. New instance of JIRA with postgresql on redhat server
  3. Linked with Confluence (already installed with postgresql on same redhar server)
  4. Added license for JIRA 100 users
  5. Export of another JIRA instance (limited to 10 users on desktop station)
  6. Import to new JIRA
  7. Lost 100 users license and mail server configuration (I guess the guy imported all thing including the users) 
  8. Reinstall 100 users license and mail server configuration with success
  9. Login in Confluence doesn't work anymore.

What I tried without success:

1. Creates a specific user in JIRA that already exist in Confluence
  2. Delete Application link of Confluence in JIRA (was reporting config error) and create a new one
  3. Reset my user password: email received, password changes with success but when I try to login stuck in a "captcha loop". The credential are never accepted even if the password reset was successful.
  4. Login on the postgresql, I see that all users are still present in the tables.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
QuentinB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2017

Maybe you can restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights and then access the User Directories in Confluence Administration and analyse.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-158390.html 

0 votes
Guillaume Lemieux March 10, 2017

Yeah you are right, that's the solution.I have retrieved Confluence access. The point I was missing is step 3 to prioritize the internal directory ID. I had to catch up on some technical points to perform these operations directly on the DB and make sure it was backup before. With the complete procedure, I was able to login in Confluence and  remove the link between JIRA and Confluence.

For now, I will not initialize it again because there is important licenses management point that are not understand at our facility.

As an example:

I have a license for 100 JIRA users but only 10 users for Confluence right now. I must understand if we could use JIRA as general user manager but make sure JIRA and Confluence does not required the same license type (user amount).

Also, I have the same questions for plugin/addons license management in Atlassian tools. Some requires to be purchased with the same Jira user license number. However, some plugin are useful for team lead only to extract some information for other team or management. We don't want to pay a 100 users licences when only 8 users is using a feature. So this must be well understood before going to far.

Looking at the literature available, it is not clear how all this works. May be I did not read the proper documentation pages. And finally, I want to check to have a "test integration" environment before integrating to the current "production" environment. Many challenges in a near future.... 

Thank for quick answer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events