Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Admin Privileges in Confluence with Crowd SSO

Kevin Klein June 7, 2016

I updated local installation of confluence to add Crowd SSO. I've now lost all Admin privileges. I tried to disable SSO but that didn't even work. Since this is a production environment that people use, I need a solution that doesn't require a lot of downtime.

2 answers

1 vote
Kevin Klein June 8, 2016

I figured out the problem. There appears to be an issue with 5.9.6. The crowd.properties file doesn't take precedence over the GUI configuration. So if you need to change this like I did because I didn't remember the crowd application password you need to update it in the gui in Crowd and Confluence first.

If you can't authenticate with Crowd, the internal directory won't work either. So I stopped Confluence, Then I got the id of the crowd directory from the DB using this query

select d.id, d.directory_name, m.list_index from cwd_directory d join cwd_app_dir_mapping m on d.id=m.directory_id;

Then I updated and verified that I disabled the Crowd directory using the following queries.

select id, directory_name, active from cwd_directory where id = 18087937

update cwd_directory set active = 'F' where id = 18087937

After that I started Crowd and was able to use my local directory admin account to log in and reconfigure the Crowd authentication.

0 votes
Benjamin Weinheimer-Erben (mgm-tp)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

Hi Kevin,

have you tried to put yourself in the group "confluence-administrators" within crowd?

greetings

Benjamin

Kevin Klein June 8, 2016

Benjamin,

I did try that. It didn't work at all. Also, new members added to Crowd also don't appear to be able to access confluence at all either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events