Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing modifications when updating Confluence

DM September 24, 2015

Hello, I have a question about updating Confluence (Server-version). On the documentation page is written:

"Make a note of any modifications to your Confluence instance (for example layouts or a custom theme).
Any customisation you wish to maintain will need to be reapplied after upgrading. "

Now my question is, what would I EXACTLY lose and is there a way to avoid that?

Lots of thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2015

Hi Daniel ,

If you have customised files inside the Confluence installation folder, it will be displayed in Confluence Admin > System Information on the Modified tab. There you can have a list of files that you need to have a backup prior to upgrading. 

You can also refer to Confluence Admin > Look & Feel session and check what's inserted inside the Custom HTML and Sytlesheet session, including themes. There you can also see what has been modified through the interface of Confluence. Inside the decorator table you can also find some modified content:

select * from decorator;

Lastly, if you use some third-party add-ons to modify the content, you can search through the database or check under Confluence Admin > Manage Add-ons > User-Installed (tab). For the DB, you need to search through the following one:

select * from plugindata;

Hope it helps you! 

Cheers, 

Giu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events