Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login with either userPrincipalName or sAMAccountName?

Sascha Backes October 17, 2013

Hi guys,

this question has been asked already some time ago (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/5639/ldap-login-with-username-either-userprincipalname-or-samaccountname), but the given solution does not seem to work properly, because it will double the amount of Confluence users for us.

So, let me raise this question again: is there any way, for Confluence 5.1, to have users login with either the userPrincipalName (user.name@domain.tld) or the sAMAccountname (user.name)?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2013

I don't think so ... not without writing your own auth plugin.

0 votes
Bastian Kippelt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2016

Do you have any solution for this problem?

0 votes
marco.scholl July 15, 2014

that very bad. because samaccountname is obsolete and only used for pre-windows 2000

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2014

sAMAccountName is not obsolete. It is still supported and to my knowledge is going to be supportted for the forseeable future.

marco.scholl July 15, 2014

the sAMAccountName is only for compatiblity in an active directory for pre windows and old login style DOMAIN\USERNAME. the samaaccount has some limits (e.g 20 chars). we want have one login for all and not here you must use the old login name and here use the UPN.

but i have found that conflunce support UPN! so my problem is solved :D

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2014

It was the means of auth pre-Windows 2000, but it has not been deprecated or rendered obsolete. It is still fully supported and will continue to be supported. They have since added more functionality with UPN, but sAMAccountNam is not going t be removed and is still a valid auth method for all current versions of Windows.

Yes, you certainly can use UPN for Confluence. It's just a matter of saying which filed you want to use in the user directory setup. I think the original question though was wondering about use both for login purposes not either or.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events