Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock pages when they are finished?

Niall McCaffrey July 5, 2021

I am looking for a way to simply lock a page for editing, once it is deemed complete.

In our system, once a page has been approved, it's important to us that no one comes in and makes further changes to that page without the admins permission. However, people should still be able to edit on other pages. I cant seem to find a way for an admin to simply lock a page. We are using Scroll Versions, and the scroll versions workflow. We have authors who both write and review pages, however once a page gets set to review or complete, I want only administrators to be able to unlock it again. This needs to be set per-page, as some of the content authors are the reviewers. But once a page is approved, only admins should be able to alter it.

If there is an alternative way to go about achieving something similar I'd love to hear about that, too. We don't publish to other spaces, due to the number of variants and spaces we have already.

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2021

Hi @Niall McCaffrey 

Out of the box this is not possible. But if i'm not mistaken you can solve this with plugin. 

You should look in to the plugins from Comala. In the past they had a plugin called Comala Workflows, but it has been renamed to (i believe) Comala Document management. 

It is a very powerfull plugin where you can create workflows and perform things as soon as the status is changed. 

The plugin Scroll versions that you are using is by K15t and they also offer a free plugin to integrate your scroll versions with the Comala plugin. 

A quick search provided me with this result. 

https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CWL/Add%2C+remove+and+set+page+restrictions

Regards

Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events