Lock office document for other users when editing

RonaldKrol November 13, 2012

How can I lock / reserve an office document when I have opened it with "Edit Document" or "Edit in Office".

What happens now is that two persons can edit a document at the same time without getting a warning or error that somebody else already has opened the document for editing. The changes made by the first person who saves the document will be saved in version 1 of the document. The changes made by the second person who saves the document will be saved in version 2 of the document.

Problem is that you are not aware of the fact that somebody else has also made changes, and your changes are saved in een 'old' version and not in the current version.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2012

Hi there,

I believe currently the only solution that is easily available is the Arsenale Lockpoint Attachmnets Checkout plugin, unless you want to code a custom solution of course.

All the best,
John

RonaldKrol November 13, 2012

John,

This is exactly what we need. Thanks.

Ronald

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events