Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lively blogpost number of characters for teaser is different

Mia March 10, 2016

Hi,

when I use lively blogpost the teaser length is different for the blogposts. Despite I have set the number of characters to 150 I have got now one blogpost with 67 characters and another one with 147 characters. There is no Enter or something like that in the text and the title for the 67 character text is even shorter than the other one.

What can I do?

Thank you very much for information.

Kind regards,

Julia Pfeiffer

1 answer

0 votes
Georg Schmidl March 11, 2016

Hi Julia,

the teaser text is by default generated from the stored content, not the rendered content.
So one reason could be that parts of the text are generated by a macro and not stored on the page, so they are unavailable for the teaser.

The other reason could be that currently all links including the link text are removed from the teaser. We will probably change that in a future version, but for now links will not be included.
Is your text formatted in any special way or is it just plain text?

What you also can do ist use the excerpt macro, to tell the blog post macro exactly how the teaser should look like. When a page contains an excerpt macro, then the rendered content of this macro will be used for the teaser.

Kind regards,

Georg

WG November 8, 2018

I want to upgrade to teh paid version. The result ist, that with the new version the content of the excerpt marco ist not renderd as before. now also with the excerpt macro i have limitation of the text. I have also no clue why some excerpts are limitet to 10 charaters and other are not limited at all.

Andreas Weiss November 9, 2018

We were contacted about the same issue yesterday and are currently investigating it to find the cause. I will update you as we find out more.

Kind regards

Andreas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events