Live search Macro

Fatih January 8, 2021

Hello together,

we are using Version: 3.1.5 Vendor: Atlassian  of the confluence live search macro.

If we are searching a page in a space like "Test123" (include some attachments), the search are showing us first the attachments and last the page "Test123". In this case the page "Test123" has all needed information.

How we can fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2021

Hi @Fatih 

Do you really use version 3.1.5 from confluence? This is a really old version.

Nevertheless, I assume you want to see the "Test123" page on top? 

You cannot influence the search result order. What you can do is do add the type parameter to just search for pages, not all content. Then, no attachment is beeing showed in the search results. 

Regards, Dominic

Fatih January 11, 2021

Dear @Dominic Lagger 

We are using Confluence version 7.6.2 and Live search macro version 3.1.5.

Yes i need Test123 on top because it is the page with the most important information. However, i need also the attachments from Test123. 

Thank you for your answer.

Have a nice day!

Regards, Fatih

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

Hi @Fatih 

Thanks for the additional informations.

As described, the search result order can't be changed. Therefore, I don't know what else you could do. 

The only thing I can imagine would be the search itself: The livesearch macro shows just a few results, when you hit ENTER, then the full search opens. 

Regards, Dominic

Like Fatih likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events