Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Search Not recognizing label

Robson, Stephanie November 9, 2022

Hi all,

I think I'm losing my mind here so I hope someone can help me! I've tested this out with another Confluence Admin and they are seeing same results as me. 

I added the live search feature to a page in Confluence. I've edited the search feature to filter to certain space and to one label. That label belongs to a team name, so the result I want is for the search to return all document containing 'xyz' search term for that team. I will include screenshots. In my case the label/team is called "livechat". 

What is happening is, (once I publish the page with the search filters) and test out the search, it removes the label and the returns shows results for the 'xyz' search term for all teams in that space, not specific to that label. Shouldn't adding the filter for label return only results for that label? I've used the live search feature in the past and on the original pages (pages not converted) the label stays in the live search as a filter, has anything happened with this since migration of the cloud?

Granted these are new tags/labels - Am I missing something, the only possibility I can think of is somehow I am not creating the new labels correctly?  

Thanks for any help and your time!

Live search edited macro to include label.jpgScreenshot after page is published and srearch attempted _lable is lost.jpg

4 answers

1 vote
Gerring, Ronald Jr December 8, 2022

Does anyone have an answer to this?  I am having the exact same issue.

0 votes
april.schieler March 3, 2023

I just started using the live search feature also within a subsection of my confluence space where I placed a particular label on all pages in that subsection. I added that label to the live search parameters and it appears to save it, however when I publish the page and test the search it is locating pages from all throughout my space matching my search word, regardless if that page has this specified label or not.

The search side bar shown once search results are listed even shows the label field blank, as if no label was included as part of the search.

If I go back to my page with the live search widget and view the settings, that label is still there in the live search parameters.

So I can confirm this is not working as it appears to be designed.

Is there a fix planned for this?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Robson, Stephanie ,

I am intrigued by this post and wanted to test it out. However, I'm stuck just getting started. I cannot seem to enter the label into the Filter by label. I added a label to one of my pages and then added the Live Search macro into my space page. When I attempt to add the label into the search filter by label it is not found. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Gerring, Ronald Jr December 13, 2022

Hi @Jack Brickey I tried this as well.  This is the exact issue that happens when trying to filter by label.  Do you know of a workaround to get this to work?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

but in @Robson, Stephanie images she seems to have been successful in adding the label. What she seems to be saying that the "Filter by label" is ignored in her search.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2022

i am assuming we are talking about page labels here and not something else.

Gerring, Ronald Jr December 13, 2022

Hi @Jack Brickey  Yes, I am experiencing the same issue. When editing the live search macro, I am able to add the page label, however after publishing and using the live search the label drops as show same as @Robson, Stephanie  in her screenshot.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2022

ok. so my issue is worse (?) as I cannot even add a label into the "Filter by label" field. :-( So I cannot test out whether the filter works.

0 votes
Robson, Stephanie December 12, 2022

I'm still looking for an answer myself...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events