List the content affected when deleting a group

Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2017

"Deleting a group will remove all permission restrictions associated with it. Content that is only restricted to this group will become available to all confluence users."

Thanks for the warning, but what can I do now? Is there any way to list all content confluence wide where restrictions apply for the group so I can take action and replace the group where possible

@Atlassian, would be very helpful to have that list when trying to delete a group, so one does not have to guess the effects...

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2017

Thanks for the feedback, I created a suggestion ticket for the development team based on it: Include a page restriction and permissions report with the Delete Group warning. Please comment and vote on it to emphasize your use case.

In the meantime, if you have access to the database, you can find the space permissions for the group you are deleting by running the queries in this article: How to list which spaces a group can access

For page restrictions, here are some queries I came up with on my PostgreSQL database, to get the restrictions and the page titles:

select cp_type, groupname, cps_id from content_perm where groupname = '<group_name>';
select id, cont_perm_type, content_id from content_perm_set where id = <cps_id_number_from_previous_query>;
select title from content where contentid = <content_id number from last query>;

I look forward to any follow up questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events