List of all tasks in space

Hello,

we are using the news tasks feature from Confluence 4.3 quite intensively.

On the other hand sometimes the project manager wants to have on overview of alle tasks within a space/global.

Is there a way to list all task, e.g. by creating a user macro?

I only found this Object: but I don t know if and how it can be used.

http://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/latest/com/atlassian/confluence/content/render/xhtml/storage/InlineTasksUtils.html

thanks

Philipp

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Finally I found an elegant way to show the personal tasks of the logged-in user:

The content of the task-menu is a iframe: so this can also be used within a page with the help of iframe macro (you have to install it before).

I created a User-macro: my-tasks with this content.

## @noparams

<ac:macro ac:name="iframe">
<ac:parameter ac:name="src">/plugins/servlet/notifications-miniview/notification</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="width">600</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="height">400</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="id">inlineTasks</ac:parameter>
</ac:macro>

Hello Philippe,

The tasks are stored in ao_***_aotask in your database. You can do a simple (replace the *** with the correct value from your db):

• select * from ao_***_aotask

This should list all tasks within your instance. In the GLOBAL_ID column you will find from which space/page the task belong to, as well as the owner of the task (USER column).

Hope it helps

Hi Alyson,

so I would need the SQL plugin to integrate this into a macro, right?

In this case the restrictions would be ignored, right?

I have to think about it!

Thank you very much.

Philipp

Philipp,

You can use the SQL plugin to display the results on a Confluence page, otherwise you will only get the results on your database management tool.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "restrictions would be ignored". Do you mean page restrictions?

Yes, I meant "page restrictions"

So users could be confused if they put a task on a restriced page which is then shown in the public list.

But maybe I misunderstood it and tasks do not depend on page-restrictions at all?

Philipp

Finally I found an elegant way to show the personal tasks of the logged-in user:

The content of the task-menu is a iframe: so this can also be used within a page with the help of iframe macro (you have to install it before).

I created a User-macro: my-tasks with this content.

## @noparams

&lt;ac:macro ac:name="iframe"&gt;
&lt;ac:parameter ac:name="src"&gt;/plugins/servlet/notifications-miniview/notification&lt;/ac:parameter&gt;
&lt;ac:parameter ac:name="width"&gt;600&lt;/ac:parameter&gt;
&lt;ac:parameter ac:name="height"&gt;400&lt;/ac:parameter&gt;
&lt;ac:parameter ac:name="id"&gt;inlineTasks&lt;/ac:parameter&gt;
&lt;/ac:macro&gt;

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,187 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you