List of all tasks in space

suedti November 6, 2012

Hello,

we are using the news tasks feature from Confluence 4.3 quite intensively.

On the other hand sometimes the project manager wants to have on overview of alle tasks within a space/global.

Is there a way to list all task, e.g. by creating a user macro?

I only found this Object: but I don t know if and how it can be used.

http://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/latest/com/atlassian/confluence/content/render/xhtml/storage/InlineTasksUtils.html

thanks

Philipp

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
suedti November 21, 2012

Finally I found an elegant way to show the personal tasks of the logged-in user:

The content of the task-menu is a iframe: so this can also be used within a page with the help of iframe macro (you have to install it before).

I created a User-macro: my-tasks with this content.

## @noparams

<ac:macro ac:name="iframe">
<ac:parameter ac:name="src">/plugins/servlet/notifications-miniview/notification</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="width">600</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="height">400</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="id">inlineTasks</ac:parameter>
</ac:macro>

0 votes
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

Philipp,

You can use the SQL plugin to display the results on a Confluence page, otherwise you will only get the results on your database management tool.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "restrictions would be ignored". Do you mean page restrictions?

suedti November 6, 2012

Yes, I meant "page restrictions"

So users could be confused if they put a task on a restriced page which is then shown in the public list.

But maybe I misunderstood it and tasks do not depend on page-restrictions at all?

Philipp

suedti November 21, 2012

Finally I found an elegant way to show the personal tasks of the logged-in user:

The content of the task-menu is a iframe: so this can also be used within a page with the help of iframe macro (you have to install it before).

I created a User-macro: my-tasks with this content.

## @noparams

&lt;ac:macro ac:name="iframe"&gt;
&lt;ac:parameter ac:name="src"&gt;/plugins/servlet/notifications-miniview/notification&lt;/ac:parameter&gt;
&lt;ac:parameter ac:name="width"&gt;600&lt;/ac:parameter&gt;
&lt;ac:parameter ac:name="height"&gt;400&lt;/ac:parameter&gt;
&lt;ac:parameter ac:name="id"&gt;inlineTasks&lt;/ac:parameter&gt;
&lt;/ac:macro&gt;

0 votes
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

Hello Philippe,

The tasks are stored in ao_***_aotask in your database. You can do a simple (replace the *** with the correct value from your db):

• select * from ao_***_aotask

This should list all tasks within your instance. In the GLOBAL_ID column you will find from which space/page the task belong to, as well as the owner of the task (USER column).

Hope it helps

suedti November 6, 2012

Hi Alyson,

so I would need the SQL plugin to integrate this into a macro, right?

In this case the restrictions would be ignored, right?

I have to think about it!

Thank you very much.

Philipp

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events