List of Incoming and Outgoing Links for Entire Space

Nick Lamb May 2, 2016

Our documentation team would like to be able to get a full list (report) of the Incoming and Outgoing links for all pages in the documentation space. We're able to get this information on a page by page basis with "Tools->Page Information" from any given page, but it would be great for auditing to be able to get this printed out in list form (or similar) like:

PageA
 Incoming Links:
   PageB, PageC
 Outgoing Links: 
   PageF, PageD

Is this possible? I've looked for plugins in the marketplace but haven't found anything that quite does what I want. No one here has a lot of experience connecting via the REST API, but are willing to go that route if that's the best way to get this kind of report. 

A nudge in the right direction, even "try this code via the REST API" would be super appreciated. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Lamb May 4, 2016

In case anyone is looking to do this, we found the following link quite helpful: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/38519644

You can then modify the query to include or exclude spaces as needed. This example modifies the query to show all links on pages in NEWSPACE that don't point to a page in NEWSPACE or CURSPACE. I've also added an order by on the first two columns as that made the most sense for our needs.

SELECT s.spacename as Space, c.title as Page, l.destspacekey as SpaceOrProtocol, l.destpagetitle as Destination
FROM LINKS l
JOIN CONTENT c ON c.contentid = l.contentid
JOIN SPACES s ON s.spaceid = c.spaceid
WHERE c.prevver IS NULL
AND (l.destspacekey!='NEWSPACE' AND l.destspacekey!='CURSPACE' AND s.spacename ='NEWSPACE')
ORDER BY 1,2;

All you need is sql access to your confluence database. The format is perfectly usable for audit/reporting.

srikanth duggineni March 21, 2019

Hi Nick, 

I am getting only Outgoing links with the above query. Incoming links are not appearing in the results. I use Confluence 6.6.7

Michael Hopwood November 30, 2020
2 votes
Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2021

In case anyone still has this question, the Reporting add-on by ServiceRocket has a supplier that can list incoming and outgoing links for a page. Here is the supplier:  https://docs.servicerocket.com/suppliers/list-of-suppliers/page-supplier 

I have used it to find outgoing links in general and outgoing links to a particular URL that needed to be updated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events