Links with emoticons in the rich text editor

In Confluence 3.x, one could insert a link of the form [(/) | link], which would then create the appropriate emoticon as the link text. I can't seem to figure out how to do this in the new editor.

2 answers

Hi Runes,

You can achieve this by the following steps.

* Insert emoticons
* Highlight the emoticons
* Click Link on editor, and you can link it to either web link or another space.

Hope it helps :)

This works in the editor, but once I save the page and refresh it goes back to being a text link and the emoticon disappears.

In editor:

After save:

What version that you are currently using? Is there any customization on your instance? Such as theme, layout, or css?

Confluence 4.2.8, stock theme and layout.

Turns out this is a bug. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26042

Hi Runes,

Sorry for just getting back to you on this. It seems that what you are trying to referenced from the link is a page inside Confluence, and it seems it's broken. As a workaround, you could put the Web link instead of page name in the link. It will work if you put the Web link. Hope it helps!

-Josua

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

152 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you