Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking to download files from word

Dave Marcus August 21, 2013

Hi -- whenever I link directly to a file to download in a word document, it tells me that this action is not permitted. The same link works fine in Outlook or in a web browser (I used Chrome). here's a screenshot of the error:

I even tried manipulating the link and it still didn't work.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2013

This problem is being caused by a known bug in OnDemand: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-6317

There are some workarounds listed on that bug report, I strongly recommend you to check those to see if they solve your problem. A fix for that bug has already been found and it should be deployed in OnDemand soon.

Hope this information helps!

Regards,
Marlon

Dave Marcus September 10, 2013

Thanks for the help, Marlon and on the support ticket I submitted too. Is there a timeline on when the update will be deployed?

3 votes
Joachim Ooi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2013

Hi Dave,

Getting into "Not Permitted" is usually related with page restrictions. Do you want to check and see if this happens in one single space or in every space? Also, check and see if this is happening to a single user or every users.

Rule of thumb to follow is if this problem happens in a single space, then check on the space permission.

A guide for you to refer to would be this KB article:

It's happening in multiple spaces. In every case, the user is able to go to the page and download the file without a problem. It's only the direct link that's giving them an issue. They should all have the same restrictions though. Thanks for linking to the article

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2013

Are you given the option to log in to view the document? You might not be logged in in whatever browser your Word Document is opening.

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for the response. Yep, I've been logged in all of the errors I've received.

Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events