Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking to a Page that is not Published.

Scott Mitchell September 24, 2017

Hi All,

I am creating a series of Pages (my first, so please be kind).  The first page explains to the user how they should sign-in to the application, whilst subsequent pages will explain what to do once logged on.

I want to add a link to the first page on each of the additional pages that says "To log into the application follow the instructions here.", where "here" will be a link to the first page.  All these pages are to be published on the same day and I can't figure out how to link to the first page without publishing it first.

I have read a number of articles and they suggest adding a placeholder link which will be highlighted red to make it easily identifiable.  I have duplicated this logic, however, have not witnessed the highlighting effect.

Is there a better way of adding a placeholder link to a page?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Scott

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2017

Hi Scott,

Any link you could have prior to publishing would be to the draft, so the user would be lead directly to edit the page.

My recommendation would be to publish the draft but lock it down so that users don't have access to see it yet. Once you have finished working on the page, you can remove the restrictions. 

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events