Linking from images

mdomanic May 14, 2019

I am trying to link from an image that I added on a content page in the new editor, but the link icon is greyed out when I click on the image.

Does anyone know if Confluence still provides the ability to attach a link to a standard image in the new editor?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

Check the roadmap for features that have been removed or changed in the new editor:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-cloud-editor-roadmap-967314556.html

This is "coming soon".

mdomanic May 15, 2019

Thanks so much. Didn't see this roadmap doc. Thanks for sharing!

Like James Dellow likes this
Grace Gornall May 22, 2020

It's been a year and it's still not an option. @Monique vdB Can you help users address this as well? There is no option to hyperlink an image anymore in 2020.

Ryan Stefanelli June 24, 2020

I'm really confused by the lack of support for such an ultra-basic feature.

1 vote
Chris Whitehead November 22, 2019

If you make a copy of a page that used the old editor and use that instead, you can just create and link images etc. in the old way - which will have to do until this gets introduced for the new editor.

0 votes
Deleted user January 7, 2021

This feature was recently added to the new editor (cloud version). However, when I paste a URL for a complicated link, it creates a new image of the URL in my uploads area and gets rid of the image I want to use as a link, in my case an image of a labeled button. The only workaround I found was to MANUALLY type the URL into the link field. This is a pretty poor user experience IMO.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events