Link to attachment in another page

Hi,

I have a link on page A to an attachment that is on page B. When I create a new version of the attachment in page B, page A link still fetches the old version of the attachment. Which is, the version of the attachment when the link was created. Why is the latest version of the attachment not being picked up?

Thanks,

Deepti

2 answers

Hi Deepti,

How does your link look like? If you go to the attachment list of page B (click the clip icon in the title), you can expand:

deepti.jpg

Here you can access the URL of any version, including the current one. I tried it, if you link to the current version and later update the attachment, links from other pages will point to the latest version correctly.

(Prior to Confluence 4 there was a nice solution for this problem but now it seems not to work any more.)

Hi Gabor,

I think I had some sort of temporary problem. Things are working fine now.

Thanks,

Deepti

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

387 views 17 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you