Link to Published page

TK TK May 30, 2023

Hi,

I have a page named 'Checklist' with links to 10 or more other published pages. Then I have to publish 'Checklist' page. Sometimes the 10 linked pages also have links to other published pages.

I have to manually update the links from 'Draft' page to 'Published' page several times during this process and sometimes very close to the deadline. So I'm looking for options to see

• If there a programmatic/API way to link the draft page to published page

• If the page is not yet published, is there a way to identify the published page link

• Any other recommendations to solve or automate the links to published page?

And once a page is published, does the published link remain the same with updated versions or does it change?

Thanks
TK

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2023

Hi @TK TK and welcome to Community. Looks like you question got missed back in May.

I'm going to assume you are on Cloud. If I understand correctly, you are working on multiple pages in draft mode, but want to be able to link to them.

Here is a way to ad a placeholder link, as explained in this documentation:

Sometimes you want to link to a Confluence page that doesn't exist yet. To do this, you can add an undefined link and come back to it later. When you select on the link, Confluence will create a draft page with that title for you to then add content to and publish when you're ready.

Create an undefined placeholder page link

1. Type [Placeholder Page Name]()
    This follows the syntax as the keyboard shortcut for adding defined links [Link] (http://a.com).

2. Press Enter or Return to create the placeholder.

3. Select Close to keep the page as a DRAFT or select Publish… or Update.

The only other idea that comes quickly to mind would be to display the 10 page links with the content by label macro, and then to add custom labels to the pages you want to display. Anytime you add a label to a page, the "table of contents" page would be automatically updated, so when drafts are finally published they will appear.

And yes, page urls stay the same when you update them, even if you change the title of the page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events