Link to Jira Issue not converted to Issue Macro in certain Spaces

Roman Holdener November 7, 2019

Our Jira and Confluence instances are propperly connected in the general settings and all the necessary plugins are active and up to date. We do have multiple spaces in Confluence. In most of the spaces, when we paste a link to a Jira issue, it converts to a Jira Issue Macro. In one space tough, this doesn't work anymore. When dropping a link to Jira it simply converts to a hyperlink. Adding an issue by using the macros gui still works. I need to say that in this particular space there are already a lot of issues linked. Is there any limitation of linked issues by space or does anyone have another explonation for this? There are many threads treating similar issues but in most cases I found, Jira links are not converted at all. This case is different, as the conversion works for most of our spaces, but simply one specific space faces this problem.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2019

Hello Roman,

Thank you for contacting us about this. There are a few things you can try for this first.

1. Try Rebuild the Confluence content indices and see if that helps.
  2. Check the application link for the Jira server, and ensure that the connection URL is the same as the application URL.
  3. Verify if all users are experiencing this, across all browsers.
  4. Finally, if that doesn't work, try to recreate the Jira application link and see if that fixes the issue.

Let me know how it goes or if you run into any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Roman Holdener December 18, 2019

Hi Shannon

Thanks a lot for your reply. Due to much workload, I hadn't gotten the chance to give you feedback yet.

Rebuilding the index didn't change anything, but I figured out that the problem does not reproduce in Internet Explorer, it seems to bee an issue in Chrome. I Will now wait for the next Chrome release to see, if the issue will bi fixed.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2019

Hi @Roman Holdener,

Thank you for letting me know that. If the issue is resolved with the update of Chrome, please let me know.

Regards,

Shannon 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events